cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Damoder Reddy <Damoder.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Changes to server.xml to support tomcat7
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:46:05 GMT
Hi all,

 I was using tomcat7 in my dev setup and on the latest master I am not able to start the management
server due to the following class(es) which we used in "server-*.xm.in" is/are removed from
tomcat7 onwards.

1. <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
 2. <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve" directory="logs"
               prefix="access_log." suffix=".txt" pattern="common" resolveHosts="false”/>

For the 2nd one we can replace with “org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve” but for
the 1st there is no alternate and they say it is not needed due to the refactor they have
done to  Lifecycle code. (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html)

I do not see any issues to comment out the 1st section.

Anybody else see any issues if we comment out the 1st section above with respect to "tomcat6/tomcat7"?

Thanks
Damoder/