cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Adapting git workflow for release branches
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:21:26 GMT

On Aug 20, 2014, at 12:52 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for participating. After 120 hours or 5 days, the voting result for the proposal
is as follows:

> +1 (PMC / binding)
> none
>
> +1 (non binding)
> 6 people
>
> 0
> none
>
> -1 (PMC / binding)
> 1 person
>
> -1 (non binding)
> 3 people
>
> We don’t have a consensus/majority or a veto as per our bylaws; and the negative voters
did not try to explain the deficiencies and raise issues in proposed agenda but their concerns
were around valid broader issues of gate keeping, code quality and CI, and the common argument
was to address those issues first.

> My personal opinion is that adopting the proposed changes will not change, affect or
conflict with a CI/code quality solution that the community needs and will adopt in future.
That said, it will be only peaceful and agreeable to re-propose the voting agenda again in
future and get community consensus.

> I would also welcome our PMC’s advise on this situation.

With my PMC hat on I applaud you for trying to reach consensus, make a proposal and try to
explain everything.

I agree that we need consensus that unfortunately we don't seem to have.

So the onus is now on the folks who voted -1 to try to move us forward.

> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
> M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com