cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Next release of cloudmonkey and feature requests
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:47:04 GMT
Hi,

The current version of cloudmonkey 5.1.0 has couple of bugs that I had fixed in last couple
of days, and for past couple of days I’m refactoring and enhancing it and will start a voting
thread for a bugfix release.

I’m also thinking of introducing python plugin support so people can write plugins to change
and enhance cloudmonkey’s behaviour on the fly which can be either installed in user’s
~/.cloudmonkey/plugins or via pypi and globally importable. Other ideas are to implement bash/zsh
autocompleter and a bash/sh library to parse and extract cloudmonkey’s output so people
can reuse that without writing their own sed/awk/grep hacks.

Any comments on the above and other features you would like to have, any bug fixing that should
be addressed.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue