cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Fast way to rebuild the GUI?
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2014 09:46:24 GMT
Hi Mike,

On 09-Aug-2014, at 8:02 am, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When you change a JavaScript file for the GUI, is there a fast way to
> update the management server with this file short of having to rebuild the
> entire codebase?

Fastest way? How about edit in browser itself?

Add stubs/new JS/CSS etc. files in the repo, do a clean install on the client project, run
mgmt server.

Open up Chrome, open developer tools -> sources, make sure you’ve the console open too.
Edit JS files, save it; it will say something on the console like “Recompilation and update
succeeded”.
For tinkering purposes, you can use inspect elements; add break points, do resource/performance
monitoring/benchmarking/optimizations etc.

Now, iterate until you’ve a solution; copy stuff from the JS files (Chrome) to the source
files in the repository.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav