cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Acquire New Ip from a different range on shared networks
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 20:48:46 GMT
Do you want to acquire IPs for the VIP (front-end)?

From: Silvano Nogueira Buback <silvano@corp.globo.com<mailto:silvano@corp.globo.com>>
Date: Monday, July 14, 2014 at 2:59 PM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: [DISCUSS] Acquire New Ip from a different range on shared networks

Hi guys,

    At Globo.com we are working in a load balancer plugin for Cloudstack
with a network api developed internally. This api manages shared networks
and is working with cloudstack 4.3 (as a network guru implementation). Our
load balancers are in a different network, so to implement a network
element of load balancer, first I need to acquire an IP from the load
balancers network. What is the best way to do this?

    I looked at portable IPs and that makes sense to me, but I would prefer
a solution where my guru can give this IP to the network. Is there any
other way?

Thanks in advance,

Silvano Buback