cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Logan Barfield <lbarfi...@tqhosting.com>
Subject Upgrade path from SNAPSHOT or custom deployment
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:00:20 GMT
I have been working for the last few months on standing up a production
environment based on CloudStack, and it seems like we are constantly
waiting for features or fixes in the next release.  It's looking like we
will need to implement (and commit) fixes, and just build custom packages
in order to meet our deadlines.

My question is: as long as there aren't any major changes (database schema,
etc.) is there a viable upgrade path from a release built on a branch under
development to an "official" release?  We'd like to deploy a cloud
environment now with the necessary fixes, and upgrade to an official
release in a few months once the fixes have been merged.

Note that I have no problem coming up with and submitting patches for
issues.  I'm only finding out about these problems during deployment
because most of them are flagged as "resolved" in JIRA, when they really
aren't (even in master).

Thank You,

Logan Barfield
Tranquil Hosting