cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rayees Namathponnan <rayees.namathpon...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS]CLOUDSTACK-6191
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 22:21:03 GMT
+1 Revert now and enable after complete full test in KVM

KVM automation blocked more than 7 days due to this defect

Regards,
Rayees

-----Original Message-----
From: Edison Su [mailto:Edison.su@citrix.com]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 2:49 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS]CLOUDSTACK-6191

Move the discussion to the list about CloudStack-6191:
Automation test is blocked by this bug, we need to find a solution. My suggestion is sort-of-revert-the-patch,
but still give admin the opportunity to specify the way to optimize KVM volume creation. The
reasons:

1.       End user shouldn't care about how the volume is created, is it sparse,flat/thin-provisoned
or whatever technology used by hypervisor. So we'd better not expose this option in disk offering.

2.        It's true that admin does care about how the volume is created, so we can add a
global configuration just for the kvm volume creation. For vmware, the option is already there(vmware.create.full.clone
to control whether link clone or full clone is used to create volume). We can add an option,
something like kvm.qcow2.volume.create.options.
Comments?