cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] git workflow
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:19:27 GMT
+1

Hugo, I think we started this voting thread to get opinion on the proposal. I feel it may
need some iteration and community agreement before we adopt it.

Suggestions, flames and opinions are welcome.

Regards.

On 31-Jul-2014, at 12:43 pm, Hugo Trippaers <hugo@trippaers.nl> wrote:

> Rajani,
>
> To make it clear for everyone. This is the vote to adopt this new way of working right?
Or is it just to get an opinion on the proposal?

> If it is indeed the vote to adopt this way of working it means that all committers will
change how we interact with the branches in the CloudStack git.

> It’s is a good thing in my book, but we need to be clear what the expected result is
when this vote has concluded in 72 hours.

> Cheers,
>
> Hugo
>

> On 31 jul. 2014, at 12:28, Rajani Karuturi <Rajani.Karuturi@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We had long discussions on the git flow.
>> I tried to capture the summary of it @ http://markmail.org/message/j5z7dxjcqxfkfhpj
>> This is updated on wiki @ https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Git#Git-ProposedGitflowbasedCheck-inProcess
and is up for a vote:

>> Can you share your opinion on the proposal?
>>
>> [ ] +1  approve
>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>

>> Thanks,