cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Marvin Package?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:28:22 GMT
Ian Duffy wrote:
>> Ian and other committers who may be interested, let me know your pypi
> username I'll add you on the admin list as well.
>
> Sure, imduffy15 is my pypi username.

Done, feel free to help release marvin in future.

Regards.

>
>
> On 29 July 2014 22:08, Rohit Yadav<rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> Thanks for the find, I think since sharing things on pypi does not need
>> to be officially voted I think we can go ahead and release marvin for
>> past CloudStack releases for at least 4.4.0
>>
>> Hugo, PMC and other can comment on the releasing part?
>>
>> I went ahead and added cloudmonkey pypi module owners to this:
>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudstack-marvin
>>
>> Ian and other committers who may be interested, let me know your pypi
>> username I'll add you on the admin list as well.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>>
>> Ian Duffy wrote:
>>
>>> I see the pypi entry now goes to 404:
>>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudstack-marvin/
>>>
>>> Came we go ahead and set the version of marvin to 4.4 and do a release?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ian
>>>
>>>
>>> On 28 July 2014 18:50, Ian Duffy<ian@ianduffy.ie>   wrote:
>>>
>>>   +1 on same version, makes sense to me.
>>>>
>>>> On 28 July 2014 13:55, Hugo Trippaers<hugo@trippaers.nl>   wrote:
>>>>
>>>>   Sounds good to me.
>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>
>>>>> Hugo
>>>>>
>>>>> On 28 jul. 2014, at 14:33, Rohit Yadav<rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>>>>   wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>   Hi Hugo,
>>>>>> Does it make sense to simply use the same version as CloudStack from
>>>>>> next Marvin releases? This is because with each CloudStack release
and
>>>>>> possible API changes, the Marvin cloudstackAPI python module will
>>>>>> change. Other than that there are couple of API
>>>>>> marshaling/unmarshaling,
>>>>>> signature logic and HTTP stuff but that too changes with CloudStack.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hugo Trippaers wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Before we start with Marvin releases we should discuss versioning
i
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> think.
>>>>>> At the moment all marvin packages are shipped with version 1.0, if
we
>>>>>> want to take marvin releases serious we need to start with versions
>>>>> whenever the something in marvin changes.
>>>>>
>>>>>>> Cheers.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hugo
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On 28 jul. 2014, at 14:20, Rohit Yadav<rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>    wrote:
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>> I think since the Marvin package tightly depends on CloudStack,
it's
>>>>>>>> release can happen along with CloudStack release.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> @Prasanna -- Can you add couple of people as owner/admins
to the
>>>>>>>> cloudstack-marvin pypi package?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Regards.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> David Nalley wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I wonder if we need to move this to its own release as
we did with
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> cloudmonkey?
>>>>>> --David
>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Ian Duffy<ian@ianduffy.ie>
>>>>>>>>>   wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I believe no, atleast the latest changes under master
or
>>>>>>>>>> 4.4-forward.
>>>>>> Alright, Thanks. I believe all changes for it within 4.4-forward
>>>>>>>>> should now
>>>>>> be in 4.4?
>>>>>>>>>> @Prasanna since you hold the account on pypi holding
the name
>>>>>>>>>> "cloudstack-marvin" can you make the upload?
>>>>>>>>>> Tar at:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/job/cloudstack-4.4-marvin/
>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>> Ian
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On 28 July 2014 01:52, Santhosh Edukulla<
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>   I believe no, atleast the latest changes under
master or
>>>>>>>>>> 4.4-forward.
>>>>>> Santhosh
>>>>>>>>>>> ________________________________________
>>>>>>>>>>> From: Ian Duffy [ian@ianduffy.ie]
>>>>>>>>>>> Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:47 PM
>>>>>>>>>>> To: CloudStack Dev; Santhosh Edukulla; Prasanna
Santhanam
>>>>>>>>>>> Subject: Marvin Package?
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Do we have a binary of marvin that users can
download independent
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> to the
>>>>>> management server rpms? Other than grabbing the tar.gz from
>>>>>>>>>> jenkins.
>>>>>> I was hoping it would be published on pypi. Prasanna seems to have
>>>>>>>>>> a page
>>>>>> for it there but there are no uploads:
>>>>>>>>>>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cloudstack-marvin/0.1.0
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Ideally I want pip install cloudstack-marvin
or easy_install
>>>>>>>>>>> cloudstack-marvin.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Ian
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>   --
>>>>>>>> Rohit Yadav
>>>>>>>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>>>>>>> M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>>>>>>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack
related
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> services
>>>>>> IaaS Cloud Design&    Build<
>>>>>>> http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>>>>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<
>>>>>>> http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>>>>>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>>>>>>>> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>>>>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
>>>>>>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
>>>>>>> intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
>>>>> addressed. Any
>>>>> views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
>>>>> necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If
>>>>> you
>>>>> are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any
>>>>> action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
>>>>> contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.
>>>>> Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England&    Wales. ShapeBlue
>>>>> Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated
>>>>> under
>>>>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a
>>>>> company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape
>>>>> Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic
>>>>> of
>>>>> South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue
>>>>> is
>>>>> a registered trademark.
>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Rohit Yadav
>>>>>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>>>>> M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>>>>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
>>>>>>
>>>>> services
>>>>>
>>>>>> IaaS Cloud Design&   Build<
>>>>>>
>>>>> http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>>>>>
>>>>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.
>>>>>> com/csforge/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>>>>>> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
>>>>>>
>>>>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>>>>
>>>>>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
>>>>>>
>>>>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>>>
>>>>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
>>>>>>
>>>>> intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
>>>>> Any
>>>>> views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
>>>>> necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If
>>>>> you
>>>>> are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any
>>>>> action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
>>>>> contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.
>>>>> Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England&   Wales. ShapeBlue
>>>>> Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated
>>>>> under
>>>>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a
>>>>> company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape
>>>>> Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic
>>>>> of
>>>>> South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue
>>>>> is
>>>>> a registered trademark.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>> --
>> Rohit Yadav
>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>> M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>
>>
>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>>
>> IaaS Cloud Design&  Build<http://shapeblue.com/
>> iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/
>> cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/
>> cloudstack-training/>
>>
>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
>> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
>> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
>> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the
>> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
>> upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
>> if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
>> company incorporated in England&  Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
>> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue
>> Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil
>> and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is
>> a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under
>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
>>
>

--
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +41 779015219 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab


Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England
& Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated
under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated
in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Mime
View raw message