cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenVM.eu - repository of Cloudstack images and appliances
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 21:46:32 GMT
Lucian,

Do you need help in making OVAs for vmware? vmdk.bz format is not
something cloudstack can take advantage of @ the moment.

I assume you inject the cloud-init and proper virt tools for each
image/hypervisor.

If not, please reconsider :)

Regards
ilya
On 6/26/14, 3:05 AM, Daan Hoogland wrote:
> love it Lucian, How will the procedure for submissions look? (I'm
> thinking a mail to you with a download link)
>
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:18 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>> This is awesome on Nux's part. I am thrilled to see this come to fruition.
>>
>> This is not an official CloudStack deployment. There are a number of
>> reasons why this needs to be external (for instance, much of what he
>> has up for download is GPL-licensed; it's not our software, etc) In
>> addition, Infra does well to distribute the software we actually
>> produce, we'd politely decline the offer to provide a service like Nux
>> has stood up. :)
>>
>> --David
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Sally Khudairi
>> <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>>> Cool --thanks, Lucian!
>>>
>>> Just so I understand, this is a supporting repository and not an "official" CloudStack
project resource, correct?

>>> If so, totally fine: please do continue as intended. If not, I suspect this might
need to reside somewhere in the cloudstack.apache.org/* home.

>>> I'd love feedback from the community if you're planning to give folks a peek
at tomorrow's meeting!

>>> Cheers,
>>> Sally

it might be worth a mention at tomorrow's European meeting in London.

course, as this is where my interests lie at the moment.

of hypervisors (I think it will work on Xen/Xenserver, VMware, HyperV), although the file
format is QCOW2.
and CPU time to offer VHD/RAW files as well.