cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ritu Sabharwal <rsabh...@Brocade.com>
Subject RE: License to be signed for contributing to CloudStack
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 17:13:46 GMT
Hi Chip,

Thanks for the information.

I created a JIRA bug for the plugin development CLOUDSTACK-6823.

I don't have the Edit permissions to edit the wiki to add the design spec.

User ID: rsabharw

Can I get the edit permissions to edit the wiki please?

Thanks & Regards,
Ritu S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chipchilders@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 7:53 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: runseb@gmail.com; David Nalley; ilya musayev
Subject: Re: License to be signed for contributing to CloudStack

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 01:57:13PM -0700, Ritu Sabharwal wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> This gives a real good picture of the IP clearance process.
>
> I sent a Proposal email to mailing list last week, still waiting for acceptance. Can
you please have a look at it and provide feedback?

Don't assume that it requires any acceptance.  Apache projects operate on the idea of lazy
consensus, which means that a proposal like this is really only something that will be commented
on if there is a strong opinion (on how to do it, or to do / not do it).  Silence means consent,
but that's another reason to incrementally submit patches as work in progress.  That will
ensure that you are seeing the results of your work get into our repo as you progress (and
provide opportunities for individuals that might not have read the proposal to help guide
the implementation).

> I am in the state to submit my design document to CloudStack wiki. I have created account
on JIRA, Review Board and CloudStack wiki. I need permissions to contribute. Can you please
give these permissions?

You are all set for JIRA.  IIRC, you should be able to edit the wiki if you create an account
on it.

> It would be good to create a branch for Brocade plugin and we can submitting patches
for review to Review Board in another one week .

We will do that (likely) when the first patch comes in.  Please provide a note in the submission
asking for a new branch.