cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ritu Sabharwal <rsabh...@Brocade.com>
Subject RE: NetworkOrchestrator selects 2 NetworkGurus at one time....
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 18:43:02 GMT
Thanks Chiradeep and Murali for the reply!

I am thinking of explicitly telling ExternalNetworkGuru to skip design when Brocade plugin
is designing the network. I don't want to disable ExternalNetworkGuru from default build when
Brocade plugin is not present so won't exclude it from the spring class loader.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritu S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Murali Reddy [mailto:Murali.Reddy@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:54 PM
To: Chiradeep Vittal; dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Sheng Yang; Jayapal Reddy Uradi; Alena Prokharchyk
Subject: Re: NetworkOrchestrator selects 2 NetworkGurus at one time....

This is know design issue. Unlike service orchestration (which has prescriptive way to tell
which network elements to be called for with network offerings ) there is no such logic for
network design. Orchestrator just loops through all the network guru's asking to design the
network which can results in one or more networks. Hugo did a cleanup [1] but I believe it
was not merged as there was no consensus. There is 1-1 mapping between isolation type and
Guru but In this case both Brocade Guru and ExternalNetworkGuru will attempt to design the
VLAN isolated networks.

One in-elegent solution is to hard code ExternalGuestNetworu guru to skip network deign when
Brocade plug-in is supposed to do design the network. Other option could be exclude ExternalNetworkGuru
bean from spring class loader.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cloudstack.apache.org/msg17344.html