cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: NetworkOrchestrator selects 2 NetworkGurus at one time....
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 05:54:21 GMT
This is know design issue. Unlike service orchestration (which has prescriptive way to tell
which network elements to be called for with network offerings ) there is no such logic for
network design. Orchestrator just loops through all the network guru's asking to design the
network which can results in one or more networks. Hugo did a cleanup [1] but I believe it
was not merged as there was no consensus. There is 1-1 mapping between isolation type and
Guru but In this case both Brocade Guru and ExternalNetworkGuru will attempt to design the
VLAN isolated networks.

One in-elegent solution is to hard code ExternalGuestNetworu guru to skip network deign when
Brocade plug-in is supposed to do design the network. Other option could be exclude ExternalNetworkGuru
bean from spring class loader.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cloudstack.apache.org/msg17344.html

From: Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com<mailto:Chiradeep.Vittal@citrix.com>>
Date: Wednesday, 11 June 2014 6:24 AM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Cc: Sheng Yang <Sheng.Yang@citrix.com<mailto:Sheng.Yang@citrix.com>>, Murali Reddy
<murali.reddy@citrix.com<mailto:murali.reddy@citrix.com>>, Jayapal Reddy Uradi
<jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com<mailto:jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com>>, Alena Prokharchyk
<Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com<mailto:Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com>>
Subject: Re: NetworkOrchestrator selects 2 NetworkGurus at one time....

That is strange. Looks like a bug to me. That is because the ExternalGuestNetworkGuru returns
‘true’ for canHandle.

From: Ritu Sabharwal <rsabharw@Brocade.com<mailto:rsabharw@Brocade.com>>
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 11:02 AM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>

Hi,

I am writing a Network Guru for automatically orchestrating Brocade VDX switches to provide
tenant isolation via VLAN. In my NetworkGuru, I have implemented the canHandle() method for
Guest isolated network in Advanced zone using VLAN isolation. When the NetworkOrchestrator
selects the NetworkGuru, it selects my NetworkGuru and the ExternalGuestNetworkGuru also and
I see 2 networks created. How do I make sure that ExternalGuestNetworkGuru is not selected
by NetworkOrchestrator.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritu S.