cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: NetworkOrchestrator selects 2 NetworkGurus at one time....
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 00:54:50 GMT
That is strange. Looks like a bug to me. That is because the ExternalGuestNetworkGuru returns
‘true’ for canHandle.

From: Ritu Sabharwal <rsabharw@Brocade.com<mailto:rsabharw@Brocade.com>>
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 11:02 AM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: NetworkOrchestrator selects 2 NetworkGurus at one time....

Hi,

I am writing a Network Guru for automatically orchestrating Brocade VDX switches to provide
tenant isolation via VLAN. In my NetworkGuru, I have implemented the canHandle() method for
Guest isolated network in Advanced zone using VLAN isolation. When the NetworkOrchestrator
selects the NetworkGuru, it selects my NetworkGuru and the ExternalGuestNetworkGuru also and
I see 2 networks created. How do I make sure that ExternalGuestNetworkGuru is not selected
by NetworkOrchestrator.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritu S.