cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Why does cloudstack-setup-management make /root writable?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 17:02:33 GMT
No idea, but +1 on removing it.

From: Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com<mailto:runseb@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, June 2, 2014 at 12:16 AM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>,
Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com<mailto:Alex.Huang@citrix.com>>, Chiradeep Vittal
<chiradeep.vittal@citrix.com<mailto:chiradeep.vittal@citrix.com>>
Subject: Re: Why does cloudstack-setup-management make /root writable?

On May 31, 2014, at 11:14 AM, Milamber <milamber@apache.org<mailto:milamber@apache.org>>
wrote:

A related ticket has been open in Jira

Let me copy Alex and Chiradeep, they might have some background about this.

Le 31/05/2014 08:27, ilya musayev a ecrit :
I really dont know why. I guess we can figure out who made the commit and ask for rationale
on this, but i'm not aware of any reason why /root must be 777. Big security hole in  my opinion.
I'd say to give it a try in your env first, if your tests pass, commit.