cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Santhosh Edukulla <santhosh.eduku...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [ACS4.4] [Issue] Unable to create a resource tag on ISO and Template resource
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 12:27:20 GMT
Hi Min,

We have seen this command, but not sure anybody has so far added a tag on template\iso (or)
a purpose of adding a tag to template\iso (or) a wiki (or) a UI facilitation for the same.
So, is the reason to inquire and confirm, if the user is aware of the command used earlier
with its purpose. If yes, then we can check if this is breaking on simulator or not or its
possibility.

BTW, whats the purpose of tagging a resource like template or iso and what behavior it will
effect in CS workflow, either they are tagged or untagged?  

Regards,
Santhosh
________________________________________
From: Min Chen [min.chen@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:56 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ACS4.4] [Issue] Unable to create a resource tag on ISO and Template resource

Santhosh,

        The API command to create a resource tag is createTagsCmd. From just
ResourceObjectType enum listed in ResourceTag interface, Template/ISO is
supported.

        Thanks
        -min


On 6/4/14 7:57 AM, "Santhosh Edukulla" <santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com>
wrote:

>Namitha,
>
>Actually, my point is mainly to say that there is no provision available
>to tag an iso or template from CS. So, is the reason to inquire the below
>point "1". You may wanted to confirm  the below point on normal CS, with
>out simulator?
>
>1. Is this feature of tagging iso or template available\supported in CS?
>What API we are using for it?( check on normal CS with out simulator)
>
>Santhosh
>________________________________________
>From: Namita Chaudhari [namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com]
>Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:14 AM
>To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>Subject: Re: [ACS4.4] [Issue] Unable to create a resource tag on ISO and
>Template resource
>
>Hi Santhosh,
>
>I am unable to register a Template or ISO from UI on simulator. I get an
>exception "Unable to register a template due to some missing parameters".
>So I cannot proceed further and try to manually create tags on them.
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>
>
>On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Santhosh Edukulla
><santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com<mailto:santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com>> wrote:
>Two things:
>
>1. Is this feature of tagging iso or template available\supported in CS?
>What API we are using for it?
>
>2. If this is supported feature, can you "manually" do it from UI on
>simulator and check if its working there?
>
>Thanks!
>Santhosh
>________________________________________
>From: Namita Chaudhari
>[namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com>]
>Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 8:51 AM
>To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
>Subject: Re: [ACS4.4] [Issue] Unable to create a resource tag on ISO and
>Template resource
>
>Hi Santhosh,
>
>These are new test cases. On simulator and in same test case, I have
>created tags on various resources like volume, project, snapshot etc and
>they work perfectly fine.
>I face this issue only for ISO and Template resource tag creation.
>
>Thanks,
>Namita
>
>
>On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Santhosh Edukulla
><santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com<mailto:santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com><mailto:
>santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com<mailto:santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com>>> wrote:
>Namita,
>
>1. Just to separate this issue as simulator vs test code, can we just
>check from UI whether the objective of creating tags for simulator is
>possible there? If yes, then we can look in to test code.
>
>2. As well, are these new tests or existing tests?
>
>Thanks!
>Santhosh
>________________________________________
>From: Namita Chaudhari
>[namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com><mai
>lto:namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com>>
>]
>Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 8:27 AM
>To:
>dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org><mailto:dev@clo
>udstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
>Subject: [ACS4.4] [Issue] Unable to create a resource tag on ISO and
>Template resource
>
>Hi All,
>
>I was trying to create a resource tag on ISO and Template with a sample
>data for a test
>case. Can anyone help me toknow is there anything I'm missing in the input
>parameters ?
>
>For both resources, I get a db exception "Out of range value for column
>'domain_id' at row 1" where the domainid gets value as -1.
>
> I'm running this test on simulator.
>
>1] For ISO:
>
>a) ISO in json
>
>
>iso1A": {
>                "displaytext": "Dummy ISO",
>                "name": "Dummy ISO",
>                "url": "http://people.apache.org/~tsp/dummy.iso",
>                "zoneid": "9ecf9d8b-cf18-4322-a641-a1c0aced5857",
>                # Source URL where ISO is located
>                "isextractable": True,
>                "isfeatured": True,
>                "ispublic": False,
>                "ostype": 'CentOS 5.3 (64-bit)',
>                "mode": 'HTTP_DOWNLOAD',
>                # Used in Extract template, value must be HTTP_DOWNLOAD
>            },
>
>
>b) Creating an iso with its tag
>
>
>self.account_1A = Account.create(
>
>                            self.apiclient,
>
>                            self.services["account1A"],
>
>                            admin=False,
>
>
>domainid=self.domain_1.id<http://self.domain_1.id><http://self.domain_1.id
>><http://self.domain_1.id/>
>
>                            )
>
>
>       self.userapiclient_1A =
>
>self.testClient.getUserApiClient(self.user_1A.username,
>
>self.domain_1.name<http://self.domain_1.name><http://self.domain_1.name><h
>ttp://self.domain_1.name/>)
>
>
>
>
>        self.iso1A = Iso.create(
>                         self.apiclient,
>                         self.services["iso"],
>
>account=self.account_1A.name<http://self.account_1A.name><http://self.acco
>unt_1A.name><http://self.account_1A.name>,
>                         domainid=self.account_1A.domainid
>                         )
>        self.debug("ISO created with ID: %s" %
>self.iso1A.id<http://self.iso1A.id><http://self.iso1A.id><http://self.iso1
>A.id>)
>
>        self.debug("Creating a tag for the ISO1A")
>        self.resource_tag_1A = Tag.create(
>                         self.apiclient,
>
>resourceIds=self.iso1A.id<http://self.iso1A.id><http://self.iso1A.id><http
>://self.iso1A.id>,
>                         resourceType='iso',
>                         tags={'OS': 'CentOS'}
>
>
>                         )
>
>2] For Template :
>
>
>a) Template in json
>
>"template1A": {
>                "displaytext": "Cent OS Template",
>                "name": "Cent OS Template",
>                "ostype": 'CentOS 5.3 (64-bit)',
>                "templatefilter": 'self',
>            },
>
>b ) Create template with tag.
>
>        try:
>            self.debug("Stopping the virtual machine: %s" %
>self.virtual_machine_1A.name<http://self.virtual_machine_1A.name><http://s
>elf.virtual_machine_1A.name><http://self.virtual_machine_1A.name>)
>            #Stop virtual machine
>            self.virtual_machine_1A.stop(self.apiclient)
>        except Exception as e:
>            self.fail("Failed to stop VM: %s" % e)
>
>            timeout = self.services["timeout"]
>        while True:
>            list_volume = Volume.list(
>                                   self.apiclient,
>
>virtualmachineid=self.virtual_machine_1A.id<http://self.virtual_machine_1A
>.id><http://self.virtual_machine_1A.id><http://self.virtual_machine_1A.id>
>,
>                                   type='ROOT',
>                                   listall=True
>                                   )
>            if isinstance(list_volume, list):
>                break
>            elif timeout == 0:
>                raise Exception("List volumes failed.")
>
>            time.sleep(5)
>            timeout = timeout - 1
>
>        self.volumeT = list_volume[0]
>
>        self.template1A = Template.create(
>                                    self.apiclient,
>                                    self.services["template1A"],
>
>self.volumeT.id<http://self.volumeT.id><http://self.volumeT.id><http://sel
>f.volumeT.id>
>                                )
>
>        self.debug("Created the template1A(%s). Now restarting the
>userVm: %s" %
>(self.template1A.name<http://self.template1A.name><http://self.template1A.
>name><http://self.template1A.name>,
>self.virtual_machine_1A.name<http://self.virtual_machine_1A.name><http://s
>elf.virtual_machine_1A.name><http://self.virtual_machine_1A.name>))
>
>        self.virtual_machine_1A.start(self.apiclient)
>
>        self.debug("Creating a tag for the template1A")
>        self.resource_tag_1A = Tag.create(
>                         self.apiclient,
>
>resourceIds=self.template1A.id<http://self.template1A.id><http://self.temp
>late1A.id><http://self.template1A.id>,
>                         resourceType='Template',
>                         tags={'OS': 'CentOS'}
>                         )
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>--
>
>Namita Chaudhari ● Engineer - Product Development ● SunGard Availability
>Services, India. ● 2nd Floor, Wing 4, Cluster D, MIDC Kharadi Knowledge
>Park, Pune - 411 014 ● Email:
>namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com><mail
>to:namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com>><
>mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungard.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungard.com><m
>ailto:namita.chaudhari@sungard.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungard.com>>>
>●
>www.sungardas.in<http://www.sungardas.in><http://www.sungardas.in><http://
>www.sungardas.in>
>
>
>[http://tools.sungardas.com/Sungard-Email-Signature/ASLogo_Email_Signature
>.jpg]
>
>[Description: cid:image019.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]  [Description:
>cid:image020.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image021.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image022.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image023.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image024.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]
>
>
>
>
>
>--
>
>Namita Chaudhari ● Engineer - Product Development ● SunGard Availability
>Services, India. ● 2nd Floor, Wing 4, Cluster D, MIDC Kharadi Knowledge
>Park, Pune - 411 014 ● Email:
>namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com><mail
>to:namita.chaudhari@sungard.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungard.com>> ●
>www.sungardas.in<http://www.sungardas.in><http://www.sungardas.in>
>
>
>[http://tools.sungardas.com/Sungard-Email-Signature/ASLogo_Email_Signature
>.jpg]
>
>[Description: cid:image019.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]  [Description:
>cid:image020.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image021.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image022.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image023.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image024.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]
>
>
>
>
>
>--
>
>Namita Chaudhari ● Engineer - Product Development ● SunGard Availability
>Services, India. ● 2nd Floor, Wing 4, Cluster D, MIDC Kharadi Knowledge
>Park, Pune - 411 014 ● Email:
>namita.chaudhari@sungardas.com<mailto:namita.chaudhari@sungard.com> ●
>www.sungardas.in<http://www.sungardas.in>
>
>
>[http://tools.sungardas.com/Sungard-Email-Signature/ASLogo_Email_Signature
>.jpg]
>
>[Description: cid:image019.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]  [Description:
>cid:image020.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image021.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image022.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image023.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]   [Description:
>cid:image024.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]


Mime
View raw message