cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohityada...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: create_schema.sql
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:07:39 GMT
Hi Daan and others,

Let me share a way to guard files that interest us by alerting us using the
following shell script git hook:

Put the following your .git/hooks/post-merge (make sure to chmod +x the
following shell script):

# START OF SCRIPT

#/usr/bin/env bash
changed_files="$(git diff-tree -r --name-only --no-commit-id ORIG_HEAD
HEAD)"

check_run() {
    echo "$changed_files" | grep --quiet "$1" && eval "$2"
}

check_run .*.sql "say 'Found new delta. Please run it'" # on OSX this will
literary speak out these words, fix as needed

# END OF SCRIPT

Acknowledgement: I did not invent this but reused this from Sindre Sorhus
of sindresorhus.com

Change filenames and regexes as needed. This will run everytime one does a
git pull (not fetch, it runs post merging a remote/local branch to
master/current branch).

Hope this helps.