cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <bhais...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Review Request 22270: Xen 2 XenServer refactoring
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 18:16:19 GMT
On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Tim has prepared a pretty significant patch in the review it lists below.
> There is also a wiki page describing the change.
>
> Basically it splits XenServer and XenProject (pure Xen) in two separate
> hypervisors. Until now we had used XenServer to also handle XenProject.
> It will allow to split the way we connect to the two hypervisors.
>
> Now Tim's patch is actually a patch to *master* and not the xen2server
> branch.
>
> Since it's a ton of work to rebase such a big refactoring, I am wondering
> if we could not allow this patch to be applied in master directly.
> And apply quickly...we are 24 hours now since Tim sent his email, another 48
> would make it 72.
>
> Thoughts ?

+1 I just reviewed the patch, I was able to apply it cleanly on latest
master and successfully do a clean build. I next tested it with DevCloud
and currently in middle of deploying a basic zone. If if this fails, I
guess it looks good to me for merging, if there are some issues we can
always revisit.

Command log:

wget https://reviews.apache.org/r/22270/diff/raw/  -O xen-tim.patch # the
patch was about 1.8M in size
cd cloudstack
git pull --rebase origin master
git am --ignore-whitespace ../xen-tim.patch
mvn clean install -P systemvm,developer # build was successfully, the
plugin is now Hypervisor XenServer
mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb # clean db deployed successfully
mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run # UI was up, I'm now in middle of
deploying basic zone

Regards.