cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Spurlin <matt.spur...@appcore.com>
Subject Re: UI Development
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 14:18:46 GMT
I also added an entry in messages.properties as it appears that is
being used for localization. I am still not seeing the additional
field in my interface. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what
could be happening?

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Matt Spurlin <matt.spurlin@appcore.com> wrote:
> Adding a column was just an example I was trying to figure out as it
> seemed like it should be straight forward if I can find where the
> columns are referenced. Ideally I would like to add an option for
> intermediate certificates when adding an SSL Cert under
> infrastructure. It appears I just need to add it to fields in
> physicalResources.js and add an entry in dictionary.jsp. This did not
> seem to work for me. Any advice on what I could be missing?
>
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Gabor Apati-Nagy
> <gabor.apati-nagy@citrix.com> wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> There are ui controls in /ui/scripts/ui/widgets that generate the actual controls/page
based on JSON definitions at /ui/scripts. AFAIK there is no complete UI documentation, but
you can take a look here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/UI+widget+samples

>> To add a column to the UI you need to extend a JSON object where the columns in question
are defined. If you search in the *.js files in /ui/scripts directory for "listView" and then
you go any listView's "fields:" definition you will find examples. You can add the field/column
there. If the "dataProvider" of the listView is already getting this column as part of the
current API response (eg. debug it with FireBug or see the API), you are done. If not then
the dataProvider needs to be changed as well.

>> What is the new column that you plan to add? I would recommend discussing this on
the list first.

>> Gabor

add another column to the table of storage devices, is there any documentation that would
help me figure this out?