cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ACS4.4, 4.4-forward] Please revert commit
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:03:15 GMT
Thanks Noji,

Please be very specific about which commits should be reverted and
which should be cherry-picked (and which related commits should stay)
I don't want to do anything last minute untill we are absolutely sure
and in agreement of what will work.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Yoshikazu Nojima <mail@ynojima.net> wrote:
> Hi Dann,
> Thank you for organizing issue.
>
>> Is this a blocker?
> Yes, it is. At least Mike's latest commit in master should be picked
> into 4.4 to utilize SolidFire's storage.
> If possible, I would like to make additional change I proposed. I
> regard this part is better to have, but not a blocker for 4.4.
>
>> Do you have that patch ready to ship?
> Yes, I have a patch and I pushed with a branch name
> "remove-root-disk-filtering-logic-for-iscsi-storage".
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/remove-root-disk-filtering-logic-for-iscsi-storage
> I suppose it works for Mike since the root disk filtering logic he
> concerned is removed.
> I confirmed it can be compiled, but I haven't confirmed in a test
> environment with iSCSI storage.
>
> Mike,
> Could you confirm this fix will resolve your concern?
>
> 2014-06-27 1:56 GMT-06:00 Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>:
>> Noji, Mike,
>>
>> Is this a blocker? I realize that we are in three different timezones
>> and always one of us must be sleeping but I really would like to
>> handle this today in spite of other tasks.
>>
>> @Mike:  I suppose you would consider it a blocker. if you read Noji's
>> latest proposal before breakfast, can you say something about the
>> feasibility of the solution?
>>
>> @ Noji, Do you have that patch ready to ship? and do you have an
>> alternative, in case it doesn't work for Mike?
>>  As I recall the original issue that you solved with it was quite
>> serious to you, was it? Could we release with a revert?
>>
>> 20:00 UTC I come back home from unrelated business and could have an
>> irc meeting.
>> regard and many thanks,
>> Daan
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ok, Mike I will have a look how it came in and revert
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM, Mike Tutkowski
>>> <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>>> Yeah, I just looked at the Review Request:
>>>>
>>>> https://reviews.apache.org/r/22717/#review46838
>>>>
>>>> It says it's for master (4.5), so I'm not sure how this ended up in 4.4 or
>>>> 4.4-forward.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Mike Tutkowski <
>>>> mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Daan,
>>>>>
>>>>> Please revert commit 99dd86e588fd28dedd5fb3b830297a8a4f885760 from 4.4.
>>>>>
>>>>> Also, please revert commit 45f0c7367680f4bfbcee470139b708d69322be78 from
>>>>> 4.4-forward.
>>>>>
>>>>> These commits actually break zone-wide primary storage.
>>>>>
>>>>> I was not aware that they ended up in 4.4 and 4.4-forward (I was thinking
>>>>> they were just in master).
>>>>>
>>>>> I performed some testing on this logic in master tonight and saw the
>>>>> breakage of zone-wide primary storage.
>>>>>
>>>>> In my opinion, we don't have enough in the way of regression testing
in
>>>>> CloudStack to be comfortable committing code that can have such
>>>>> wide-ranging effects this late in the game.
>>>>>
>>>>> I think we should start asking for a risk analysis from the developer
when
>>>>> code is checked in this late in the game (the more risk, the more important
>>>>> the issue better be and the more testing that better have been done).
In
>>>>> this case, my entire plug-in would have been rendered useless in 4.4
by
>>>>> these checkins and I don't understand how the issue itself even qualified
>>>>> as a Blocker or Critical.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks, Daan!
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>>>> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>>>>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>>> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>>>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Daan
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Daan



-- 
Daan

Mime
View raw message