cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Review Request 22270: Xen 2 XenServer refactoring
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2014 10:16:01 GMT
+1, If master builds it is alright by me. We will have to fix forward
on this one.

On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I applied this patch to master today, it's not a merge of the xen2server branch per se
but the work was done in that branch.

> This renames the xen plugin as xenserver.
>
> I know that I jumped the gun a bit on the merge window, but I am willing to revert it
if people are not OK with this. I just wanted to avoid additional rebasing work.

> @Tim, thanks for the patch/refactoring
>
> -sebastien
>

> On Jun 6, 2014, at 3:53 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 6, 2014, at 9:35 PM, Rohit Yadav <bhaisaab@apache.org> wrote:

line 136, in addHosts\n    ret = self.__apiClient.addHost(hostcmd)\n', '  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/Marvin-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/marvin/cloudstackAPI/cloudstackAPIClient.py",
line 1492, in addHost\n    response = self.connection.marvinRequest(command, response_type=response,
method=method)\n', '  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/Marvin-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/marvin/cloudstackConnection.py",
line 378, in marvinRequest\n    raise e\n', 'CloudstackAPIException: Execute cmd: addhost
failed, due to: errorCode: 530, errorText:Cannot transit agent status with event AgentDisconnected
for host 1, mangement server id is 4278190080,Unable to transition to a new state from Creating
via AgentDisconnected\n']

>>> DevCloud is broken with 4.4 and master...
>>>
>>> o.O How do people test ACS who lack dedicated infrastructure? In that case, let's
merge the patch?

>> I will wait till tomorrow morning, and merge then if no-one complained. This will
be a fast merge, but if people are not happy later on, I will revert.

>> Tim went the extra mile to get this done, so I don't want to miss the window.
>>
>> -sebastien
>>
>>> Regards.

unable to create the directory "/opt/cloud/bin" and some agent exceptions.

what modification etc. do we have to do to make it work against DevCloud, or install libs/dependencies
inside it?

and triggered the XenServer plugin so I think we can allow it to merge on master (but we need
to fix it to make it work with Xen.org xen server used inside DevCloud using deployDataCenter
script).

Until now we had used XenServer to also handle XenProject.

if we could not allow this patch to be applied in master directly.

and successfully do a clean build. I next tested it with DevCloud and currently in middle
of deploying a basic zone. If if this fails, I guess it looks good to me for merging, if there
are some issues we can always revisit.

--
Daan