cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenVM.eu - repository of Cloudstack images and appliances
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 07:05:14 GMT
love it Lucian, How will the procedure for submissions look? (I'm
thinking a mail to you with a download link)

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:18 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> This is awesome on Nux's part. I am thrilled to see this come to fruition.
>
> This is not an official CloudStack deployment. There are a number of
> reasons why this needs to be external (for instance, much of what he
> has up for download is GPL-licensed; it's not our software, etc) In
> addition, Infra does well to distribute the software we actually
> produce, we'd politely decline the offer to provide a service like Nux
> has stood up. :)
>
> --David
>
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Sally Khudairi
> <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>> Cool --thanks, Lucian!
>>
>> Just so I understand, this is a supporting repository and not an "official" CloudStack
project resource, correct?

>> If so, totally fine: please do continue as intended. If not, I suspect this might
need to reside somewhere in the cloudstack.apache.org/* home.

>> I'd love feedback from the community if you're planning to give folks a peek at tomorrow's
meeting!

>> Cheers,
>> Sally
>>

>>>________________________________

it might be worth a mention at tomorrow's European meeting in London.

>>>I'll add a lot more templates, with a focus on CentOS and Cloudstack, of course,
as this is where my interests lie at the moment.
>>>In time I will add more OSes and platforms (Openstack and OpenNebula).
>>>
>>>The templates are built on/for KVM, but should be able to boot on a variety of
hypervisors (I think it will work on Xen/Xenserver, VMware, HyperV), although the file format
is QCOW2.
>>>I'll have to check my resources to see if I can afford the extra disk space and
CPU time to offer VHD/RAW files as well.

--
Daan