cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Efremov <...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: Managing individual ESXi instances
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:24:47 GMT
Thanks for the reply!

Ivan

18.06.2014, 21:43, "Alex Huang" <Alex.Huang@citrix.com>:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> To introduce a new hypervisor, it's a matter of
> - Adding a new Discoverer implementation to tell CloudStack which Resource best works
with the new Hypervisor.
> - Adding a new Resource implementation that deals with all of the hypervisor commands
sent to it.  This is the big part due to the large set of commands we send to it.

> For someone who understands CloudStack code and the hypervisor well, I think a prototype
can be done in about two months or so.  For ESX, you have to figure out a how to map functions
that CS supports but is not with ESX.  For example, I think migration and live storage migration.
 You can decide not to support them in the prototype and just support simple vm/volume/network
life cycle for now.