cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rayees Namathponnan <rayees.namathpon...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Is VM snapshot supported in KVM ?
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 22:33:18 GMT
Thanks Prasanna,

For UI its not supported, I think code not yet merged.

Mice do you have any update on this ?

Last update was on Nov/4/13 - we are waiting for new libvirt version to merge this changes,
  still this is the same ?

Regards,
Rayees

-----Original Message-----
From: Prasanna Santhanam [mailto:tsp@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 1:22 AM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is VM snapshot supported in KVM ?

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 04:46:53AM +0000, Rayees Namathponnan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is VM snapshot supported in KVM, below doc says its supported in KVM,
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/VM+Snapshots
>
> But if I try to take vm snapshot from UI,  I am getting message "VM snapshot is not enabled
for hypervisor type: KVM"

Might be dependent on the libvirt-java version in your KVM host. You might want to check with
Mice and/or upstream libvirt-java to see if his code was merged and released.

Relevant threads:
http://markmail.org/message/rxvnfeszqewly6wk
and
http://markmail.org/message/c3hkpxbad6ul4mza