cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prachi Damle <Prachi.Da...@citrix.com>
Subject Need to revert CLOUDSTACK-5853
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 20:04:21 GMT
Hi Marcus,

This is regarding bug fix: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5853
I see that as a fix, in ClusterScopeStoragePoolAllocator we remove the storage pools from
avoid set if they happen to match the tag but are found in avoid set.

However this fix is not correct since it breaks the design of avoid set. A storage pool might
be put in the 'avoid' set by the calling logic for a valid reason like capacity exceeded or
creation of disks failed on previous try etc.
In such cases the fix will override the avoid set and keep on trying the same pool.

So will it be possible for you to revert https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5853?

The correct way to fix this is handling of the avoid set in the caller of the StoragePoolAllocator
- in most of the VM operations the caller is the DeploymentPlanningManager.
I had already added the necessary fix in DeploymentPlanningManager  through this ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5426

Thanks,
Prachi