cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MERGE] Review Request 22270: Xen 2 XenServer refactoring
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 19:53:42 GMT

On Jun 6, 2014, at 9:35 PM, Rohit Yadav <bhaisaab@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Jun 6, 2014, at 8:41 PM, Rohit Yadav <bhaisaab@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I was unable to deploy basic zone, I did:
> >
> > # marvin and python dependencies were pre-installed
> > cd tools/devcloud;
> > python ../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i devcloud.cfg
> >
> > The error I got was related to agent communication, if this can help resolve the
issue:
> > Exception Occurred :['Traceback (most recent call last):\n', '  File "../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py",
line 136, in addHosts\n    ret = self.__apiClient.addHost(hostcmd)\n', '  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/Marvin-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/marvin/cloudstackAPI/cloudstackAPIClient.py",
line 1492, in addHost\n    response = self.connection.marvinRequest(command, response_type=response,
method=method)\n', '  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/Marvin-0.1.0-py2.7.egg/marvin/cloudstackConnection.py",
line 378, in marvinRequest\n    raise e\n', 'CloudstackAPIException: Execute cmd: addhost
failed, due to: errorCode: 530, errorText:Cannot transit agent status with event AgentDisconnected
for host 1, mangement server id is 4278190080,Unable to transition to a new state from Creating
via AgentDisconnected\n']

> DevCloud is broken with 4.4 and master...
>
> o.O How do people test ACS who lack dedicated infrastructure? In that case, let's merge
the patch?

I will wait till tomorrow morning, and merge then if no-one complained. This will be a fast
merge, but if people are not happy later on, I will revert.

Tim went the extra mile to get this done, so I don't want to miss the window.

-sebastien

> Regards.
>

> > But, in the management server log I see that it identified the product version:
> > "Found host devcloud ip=192.168.56.10 product version=1.6.0"
> >
> > In this case I'm suspecting my local env issue, the logs suggested it was unable
to create the directory "/opt/cloud/bin" and some agent exceptions.

> > Tim, I think it works but failed on my env due to some env specific issue; what
modification etc. do we have to do to make it work against DevCloud, or install libs/dependencies
inside it?

> > The patch is clean, builds and ACS runs and upon adding host it identified and triggered
the XenServer plugin so I think we can allow it to merge on master (but we need to fix it
to make it work with Xen.org xen server used inside DevCloud using deployDataCenter script).

> > If no one objects, may I merge it on master?
> >
> > Regards.
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Rohit Yadav <bhaisaab@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Tim has prepared a pretty significant patch in the review it lists below.
> > There is also a wiki page describing the change.
> >
> > Basically it splits XenServer and XenProject (pure Xen) in two separate hypervisors.
Until now we had used XenServer to also handle XenProject.
> > It will allow to split the way we connect to the two hypervisors.
> >
> > Now Tim's patch is actually a patch to *master* and not the xen2server branch.
> >
> > Since it's a ton of work to rebase such a big refactoring, I am wondering if we
could not allow this patch to be applied in master directly.
> > And apply quickly…we are 24 hours now since Tim sent his email, another 48 would
make it 72.

> > Thoughts ?
> >

> > +1 I just reviewed the patch, I was able to apply it cleanly on latest master and
successfully do a clean build. I next tested it with DevCloud and currently in middle of deploying
a basic zone. If if this fails, I guess it looks good to me for merging, if there are some
issues we can always revisit.