cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: License to be signed for contributing to CloudStack
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 17:53:52 GMT

On Jun 2, 2014, at 7:13 PM, Ritu Sabharwal <rsabharw@Brocade.com> wrote:

> Hi Chip,
>
> Thanks for the information.
>
> I created a JIRA bug for the plugin development CLOUDSTACK-6823.
>
> I don't have the Edit permissions to edit the wiki to add the design spec.
>
> User ID: rsabharw

you should be good to go now,

> Can I get the edit permissions to edit the wiki please?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Ritu S.

Can you please have a look at it and provide feedback?

> Don't assume that it requires any acceptance.  Apache projects operate on the idea of
lazy consensus, which means that a proposal like this is really only something that will be
commented on if there is a strong opinion (on how to do it, or to do / not do it).  Silence
means consent, but that's another reason to incrementally submit patches as work in progress.
 That will ensure that you are seeing the results of your work get into our repo as you progress
(and provide opportunities for individuals that might not have read the proposal to help guide
the implementation).

>> I am in the state to submit my design document to CloudStack wiki. I have created
account on JIRA, Review Board and CloudStack wiki. I need permissions to contribute. Can you
please give these permissions?

> You are all set for JIRA.  IIRC, you should be able to edit the wiki if you create an
account on it.

>> It would be good to create a branch for Brocade plugin and we can submitting patches
for review to Review Board in another one week .

> We will do that (likely) when the first patch comes in.  Please provide a note in the
submission asking for a new branch.