cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Huang <Alex.Hu...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Managing individual ESXi instances
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:43:25 GMT
Hi Ivan,

To introduce a new hypervisor, it's a matter of
- Adding a new Discoverer implementation to tell CloudStack which Resource best works with
the new Hypervisor.
- Adding a new Resource implementation that deals with all of the hypervisor commands sent
to it.  This is the big part due to the large set of commands we send to it.

For someone who understands CloudStack code and the hypervisor well, I think a prototype can
be done in about two months or so.  For ESX, you have to figure out a how to map functions
that CS supports but is not with ESX.  For example, I think migration and live storage migration.
 You can decide not to support them in the prototype and just support simple vm/volume/network
life cycle for now.

--Alex