cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: [cloudmonkey] Doesn't list any network usagerecords
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 09:42:54 GMT
I also noticed the cloud_usage DB doesn't have any network stats either:

mysql> select * from cloud_usage where usage_type="4";
Empty set (0.30 sec)

mysql> select * from cloud_usage where usage_type="5";
Empty set (0.29 sec)

Nux!
www.nux.ro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro>
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, 25 June, 2014 10:37:47 AM
Subject: [cloudmonkey] Doesn't list any network usagerecords

Hi,

We're trying to get some sort of accounting going on and we're looking at checking the network
stats, but while "listVirtualMachines" will list some minimal stats[1] for running VMs, we
were hoping "listUsageRecords" types 4 & 5 (
NETWORK_BYTES_SENT & RECEIVED) would have some more data, but alas there is none at all,
or at least cloudmonkey won't return any:
"list usagerecords accountid=2fd94b65-2a2a-47d8-8a03-1d8361d8f042 startdate=2014-06-10 enddate=2014-06-20
type=4" only outputs a new line.

Am I doing something wrong? Also, any way to dump stats for a single VM instead of the whole
account?

Is anyone aware of any problems with network stats in 4.3 (KVM/ADV+SG)?

Lucian

[1] eg
networkkbsread = 10802368
networkkbswrite = 10943832