cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Efremov <...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: Managing individual ESXi instances
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:30:46 GMT
Hi Alex,

How do you think, what is the rough estimation of adding ESX API support to CloudStack?
AFAIU the main point of integration of the new API is plugins/hypervisors. Are there any other
major points that should be patched when adding a new hypervisor type?

Thanks,
Ivan

18.06.2014, 18:24, "Alex Huang" <Alex.Huang@citrix.com>:
> IIRC, the reason is because the vCenter API is more powerful than the ESX API.  At the
time (before Apache), the features that requested needed vCenter. There's currently no proposal
to use plain ESXi.  Would love to see one though.