cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal to submit NuageVsp plugin support in CloudStack 4.5
Date Sat, 31 May 2014 00:12:48 GMT
LGTM. Please add the spec on the wiki. Take a look at the spec template
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Design+Document+Template

Please consider how one might test your feature without actually running the controller.

From: cloudstack-ci <cloudstack-ci@nuagenetworks.net<mailto:cloudstack-ci@nuagenetworks.net>>
Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM
To: "cloudstack-ci@nuagenetworks.net<mailto:cloudstack-ci@nuagenetworks.net>" <cloudstack-ci@nuagenetworks.net<mailto:cloudstack-ci@nuagenetworks.net>>
Cc: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>,
"david@gnsa.us<mailto:david@gnsa.us>" <david@gnsa.us<mailto:david@gnsa.us>>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Proposal to submit NuageVsp plugin support in CloudStack 4.5

Hi,

Looks like the attachment was stripped. So, please find the proposal below:

Introduction:
            We are planning to develop NuageVsp networking plugin that will bring Nuage VSP
network virtualization technology to CloudStack.

Feature Summary:
           For the Nuage VSP Plugin, we plan to support following network model/service combination
                     1. Advanced Isolated network mode:
                           DHCP
                           Static NAT
                           SourceNAT
                           Firewall
                          VirtualConnectivity
                    2. VPC network mode:
                           DHCP
                           Static NAT
                           SourceNAT
                           NetworkACL
                           VirtualConnectivity
           The initial implementation targets the Xen Server hypervisor

Advantages:

          All the network isolation and routing is handled by the Nuage SDN Solution. Routing
of the packets happen
at hypervisor itself. Virtual Router is not used for routing the packets. The VIrtual Router
VM is spawned only for Password
Reset funtionality. The Nuage solution also helps significantly improve the agility and scale
if the CS deployment as
compared to any Virtual Router based deployment.

Architecture and Design description:

         A Nuage VSP plugin will be developed to add Nuage network virtualization into CloudStack

         NuageVspNetworkGuru

                This network guru is implemented to

                            a) Create/Delete logical topology in VSP

                            b) Create/Delete VM

        NuageVspElement

                            a) Create/Delete Firewall and Egress rule in VSP

                            b) Create/Delete Static NAT

       NuageVspVpcElement

                           a) Create/Delete NetworkACL

                           b) Spawn/Delete VR

      NuageVspManagerImpl

                          a) Create a default VPC offering

                          b) Handle sync to clean up the stale entities in VSP

Could you please review the proposal and let me know if I need to provide any more information
for the proposal to be accepted.

Thanks,

Suresh

On Friday, May 23, 2014 6:42:21 PM UTC-7, David Nalley wrote:

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM, cloudstack-ci
<cloudstack-ci@nuagenetworks.net<mailto:cloudstack-ci@nuagenetworks.net>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Suresh Ramamurthy working for Nuage
> Networks(http://www.nuagenetworks.net/).
>
> We would like to submit a proposal for our plugin support in Cloudstack 4.5.
>
> We have documented the details of our proposal in the attached design
> document.
>
> Could you please review the proposal and send us your feedback.
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh

Hi Suresh:

Attachments are stripped from the mailing list. Please consider
posting the content of your document on our wiki and linking to it:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Home

--David