cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VPC VPN Multiple Connections to Same Gateway
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 07:33:30 GMT
you are sane,

At Schuberg Philis we use the vpc gateway with a nicira network and
the code allows for those types of networks to be reused. I did not
dare to enable it for vlans due to the assymetric setup procedure.
This code needs revisiting. (cc'ing some people that have thought
about this part of the system)

Daan

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 11:38 PM, John Skinner <john.skinner@appcore.com> wrote:
> Hey list -
>
> Having an issue with VPCs and site to site VPNs with CloudStack 4.2 . We have an account
that has a VPC setup in 2 zones within the cloud. In zone A, they have created the VPN gateway
and setup a connection back to their office. In zone B, they are trying to re-create that
same VPN connection to their office but it is failing. CloudStack is not letting them use
that same VPN gateway because it is already in use. They are also unable to create a new gateway
with the same settings because the gateway IP address is already in the system.

> It looks like with CloudStack 4.2 we are unable to create multiple connections to the
same gateway (1 connection from each zone). I have reviewed the notes for 4.3 and also looked
at issues in Jira and do not see a duplicate of this any where so I do not believe it has
been reported.

--
Daan