cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Using continuous integration to maintain our code quality...
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 08:02:21 GMT
Alex, (see inline)

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Alex Huang <Alex.Huang@citrix.com> wrote:
> For the concern on distributed setup, there's a two part answer.
>   1. We're basically asking everyone to use a central Jenkins to run the automated before
they merge to the asf git repository to make sure they didn't break the product for everyone.
 It shouldn't have any impact on your local Jenkins.
I am not talking of a local jenkins but of a local jenkins slave
machine triggered by the central jenkins. I know solidfire has their
own setup with their own hardware that only they can test their plugin
code agains and they want to make sure new checkins don't break their
code. We want such a setup for more then just their code/hardware. So
if someone triggers a check it should check on several build machines,
the central one and also all other machines that 'subscribed' as a
regression test machine. Am I drifting?

> As for reviewers, I'm open to the number of reviewers.  The only number I will be against
definitely is zero.  My personal opinion is that the quality of the reviewer is more important
than the quantity.  I'm not sure how we can make sure the quality of the reviewer is good.
 I'm open to suggestions there.
I aggree  that the quality is more important then the quantity. To
outside contributers it is the availibility that is worrying.

Daan