cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch Management
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 09:06:47 GMT
plus one; the review board does not easily facilitate multiple patches
so I would use the 'depend on' feature to point to the other
branch-patches

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Santhosh Edukulla
<santhosh.edukulla@citrix.com> wrote:
> Team,
>
> Currently, it seems we have few patches missing in master but available in current running
branch, could be attributed for various reasons.

> Its hard to track some times that all changes made to make issue fixes work, are all
available in master at any given time. I believe we can have an entry gate, that if the patch
does not apply cleanly on either of the branch(  and if it is supposed for both ), then its
better we don't push it to both the branches, until the clean patch for both master and running
branch are submitted again.

> This way, review will not be closed to submission. Otherwise, from bug fixes perspective,
fixes should go hand in hand to both master and running branch i believe. Tracking manually
through review\git log for missing patches may be little tedious and error prone again.

--
Daan