cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCS] Administration Guide Formating Cleanup
Date Tue, 20 May 2014 15:23:55 GMT

On May 20, 2014, at 5:03 PM, Will Stevens <wstevens@cloudops.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
> I plan to work on cleaning up the formatting of the documentation files in the Administration
Guide today.  I am not going to change any content and I am note (yet) going to split any
more files.  I am going to just do a once over on as many docs as I can get through to clean
up all of the ugly formatting that resulted from the import.  This will make the docs a little
easier to work in.

+1

For background info, the import to RST was done using 'pandoc', I did an ugly thing: I created
a single html page out of the docbook, then converted that to RST, the split each paragraph.

The bottom line is that the conversion to RST was slightly buggy in places (tables, headings,
code listing)…

> I will check and see if there is an issue open for this already.  If not, I don't mind
creating an issue for it and applying my pull request to that issue.

> If you have feedback for me, let me know.

thanks for stepping up and doing this, happy to merge your pr.