cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Regarding local storage pool allocator
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 08:48:21 GMT

On 05/28/2014 10:20 AM, Devdeep Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking into an issue where migration of a vm with its volume (storage motion) fails.
The root volume of the vm is on local storage. The issue is that when LocalStoragePoolAllocator::select
gets called and the hostid is included in the plan, the function ends up returning local storage
pools from other hosts in the cluster too. This is happening because we list local storage
pools on a host only if the volume type is 'Data'; otherwise we list all the storage pools
in the cluster.

> <code snippet>
> // 4.4-forward branch, ./engine/storage/src/org/apache/cloudstack/storage/allocator/LocalStoragePoolAllocator.java,
Line 76
> if (dskCh.getType() == Volume.Type.DATADISK && plan.getHostId() != null) {
> </code snippet>
>
> Anyone aware why the check for data disk type was added in the first place? Will it break
any scenario if I remove this check?

Looking at it this seems like a bug to me. A ROOT or DATA volume is
bound to the host where it's stored on. So there is no difference
between ROOT and DATA.

Wido