cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rajani Karuturi <Rajani.Karut...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: [QUERY] [IAM TEST CASE] Vritual Machine IAM test scenarios
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 04:21:25 GMT
Assuming the order in which test cases should run is not a good practice. Every test case should
do the setup required for it and also the teardown once its done so that it leaves the system
clean in the same state it started with.
This also helps in easy understanding of what is being tested.
I think we should file a bug for this and fix it.

~Rajani

On 12-May-2014, at 10:16 pm, Min Chen <min.chen@citrix.com<mailto:min.chen@citrix.com>>
wrote:

Hi Sonal,

That is because test_03_grant_account_vm is running after test_02_grant_domain_vm, where we
have granted domain2 VM to account_1B. At the end of test_02_grant_domain_vm, we didn't revoke
this granting, so it will still take effect in test_03_grant_account_vm. Therefore, in test_03,
account_1B should have two grants effective, and thus he can see 3 VMs.

Thanks
-min

From: Sonal Ojha <sonal.ojha@sungardas.com<mailto:sonal.ojha@sungardas.com>>
Date: Monday, May 12, 2014 5:04 AM
To: Prachi Damle <Prachi.Damle@citrix.com<mailto:Prachi.Damle@citrix.com>>, Min
Chen <min.chen@citrix.com<mailto:min.chen@citrix.com>>
Cc: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: [QUERY] [IAM TEST CASE] Vritual Machine IAM test scenarios

Hello,

I have a small query regarding the sample test case written for virtual machine entity type
for the IAM plugin.

The test case test_03_grant_account_vm which is to validate the below mentioned scenarios
is returning vms for all the three accounts (account_1A, account_1B and account_2A) as the
list_vm_response.

# Validate the following
       # 1. Grant account_1A VM access to account_1B
       # 2. listVM command should return account_1A and account_1B VMs.

Shouldn't it be returning vms for the two accounts (account_1A and account_1B)? Kindly help
to understand this scenario.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Sonal Ojha ▪ Sr.Engineer - Product Development ▪ Sungard Availability Services, India