cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Hitchins" <a...@alexhitchins.com>
Subject RE: Proxy Console (RealhostIP Retired) Question
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 10:00:18 GMT
Hello Mo,

You can see our guide here : http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack/how-to-mitigate-openssl-heartbleed-vulnerability-in-apache-cloudstack/

Alex Hitchins | 07788 423 969 | 01892 523 587

-----Original Message-----
From: Mo [mailto:mo@daoenix.com]
Sent: 22 May 2014 02:15
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org; dev
Subject: Proxy Console (RealhostIP Retired) Question

Hello:

I am attempting to find more information (read: step by step) how to correct the issue that
came to be when realhostip was retired.

The links I saw suggested I setup the following for every IP address in my DNS Zone:

192-168-1-1.cloud.domain.tld        IN    A    192.168.1.1

I have done that for ALL my IPs. Restarted my named/bind service. Not only am I not obtaining
an A record with this configuration, but I am also still unable to proceed in getting console
access as it states it's unable to resolve the DNS.

All my other DNS resolves without issue, please note; 192.x is just an IP address I tossed
in this e-mail for general purposes, I am utilizing public subnets.

I have also purchased an SSL certificate went through all of that too, if someone could point
me in the right direction or perhaps offer ideas
(alternates) that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Mo