cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Hitchins" <a...@alexhitchins.com>
Subject RE: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 10:32:35 GMT
Erik,

I can't answer your question however though as you raise it I'd let you know; I'm working
on an issue with the comma separated list. Currently it is failing as it's incorrectly validating
the string.

Alex Hitchins | 07788 423 969 | 01892 523 587

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Weber [mailto:terbolous@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 May 2014 11:14
To: dev
Subject: VPC Site to Site VPN CIDR RFC1918

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.2.0/html/Installation_Guide/vpn.html#site-to-site-vpnstates:

   - *CIDR list*: The guest CIDR list of the remote subnets. Enter a CIDR
   or a comma-separated list of CIDRs. Ensure that a guest CIDR list is not
   overlapped with the VPC’s CIDR, or another guest CIDR. The CIDR must be
   RFC1918-compliant.

I'm not a network guy, so excuse the question if it's obvious, but if a customer only has
public ip's on their end, why is rfc1918 required?

--
Erik Weber