cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Florin Dumitrascu <florin.dumitra...@intunenetworks.com>
Subject RE: GRE isolation - no in service upgrade (4.1.1 to 4.3.0) - Is your zone an Advanced zone or Basic zone? (2)
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 17:19:58 GMT
Hi,

I have taken the following steps from Cloudmonkey, as a workaround:

# List physical networks to get the id of the GRE isolated network:
cloudmonkey> list physicalnetworks

# Add "Ovs" network service provider to the GRE isolated network:
cloudmonkey> add networkserviceprovider name="Ovs" destinationphysicalnetworkid=<the_network_id_discovered_in_previos_step>
(there will be an id associated with the provider, suppose this is " b2f02334-e4c6-45b8-87c3-e96a7301b5ca")

# Enable the provider:
cloudmonkey> update networkserviceprovider id=b2f02334-e4c6-45b8-87c3-e96a7301b5ca state=Enabled

I will add this in the bug comments as well.

Regards,
Florin

-----Original Message-----
From: Alena Prokharchyk [mailto:Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 5:46 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; Jessica Wang; Murali Reddy; Florin Dumitrascu
Cc: Nguyen Anh Tu (tuna@apache.org)
Subject: Re: GRE isolation - no in service upgrade (4.1.1 to 4.3.0) - Is your zone an Advanced
zone or Basic zone? (2)

Oh, yea, I've mistaken it for some other bug - when new hypervisor wasn't inserted to the
global config variable.

Florin, can you please provide the db upgrade statements you've executed to fix the problem,
for the reference? In case other people are blocked by the same bug.

Thanks!
Alena.

On 4/2/14, 2:48 AM, "Florin Dumitrascu"
<florin.dumitrascu@intunenetworks.com> wrote:

>Hi Alena,
>
>I think you have mistaken this with something else :)
>
>The bug I have raised below (CLOUDSTACK-6320) is for OVS.
>OVS network provider was introduced in 4.3.0 and when upgrading from
>older versions it should be inserted in the existing physical networks.
>To make it work I had to manually create the provider and enable it
>from Cloudmonkey interface. But this should be part of the DB upgrade somehow.
>
>Florin

+353 (0)1 6204700.