cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Hypervisor version and XenServer
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 23:22:15 GMT
Where is this HYPERVISOR_VERSION? In the code? Docs?

From: Tim Mackey <tmackey@gmail.com<mailto:tmackey@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 2:50 PM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: Hypervisor version and XenServer

I'm running through some bugs with my Xen->XenServer work and just ran
across the HYPERVISOR_VERSION being the Xen version and not the XenServer
version.  Does anyone know why that is?  Given that feature/function in
XenServer is tied to the XenServer version, I see using the Xen version as
a bug waiting to bite us.  Since I don't want to break API compatability,
I'm not inclined to change it for this work, but do wonder if we shouldn't
change it when the API revs next.

Thoughts?

-tim