cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Network state machine
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 21:38:12 GMT
Murali,

I have a question to you. In NetworkOrchestrator, implementNetwork code,
when we update the state for the network, why don¹t we use state machine
for Shared networks, but instead update it directly in the DB?

if (isSharedNetworkWithServices(network)) {
                network.setState(Network.State.Implementing);
            } else {
                stateTransitTo(network, Event.ImplementNetwork);
            }

That doesn¹t seem right to me as there should be no exception when it
comes to state update - the state machine should always be used once its
implemented for the object. If your code needs additional state
transitions for the Setup state, why can¹t you add it?

Thanks,
Alena.