cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Suich <csui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack 4.3+ Plugins
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:04:57 GMT
Hey Matt,

Your correct in seeing that some improvements were made in 4.3 to
support more modularized plugins. This wiki page and its two child
pages should help you get started:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Modularize+Spring

You no longer NEED to put your commands in the commands.properties.in
file as they can be specified in the API annotation now (they can be
put in the file to allow users to white/blacklist the file per use
role if they desire). Each module can also specify its own application
context so that everything is privately modularized.

Take a look at the SolidFire storage plugin. That module is using the
new form of Spring extensions.

-Chris

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Matt Spurlin <matt.spurlin@appcore.com> wrote:
> In version 4.2 and below to get a plugin to work, I was adding a dependency in the pom.xml
of the Client project and modifying applicationContext.xml.inand commands.properties.in. 4.3
appears to have introduces discoverable plugins. What needs to be done differently in order
to take advantage of this?

--
Chris Suich
919-334-8193