cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] Debugging CS VMware logic in Eclipse
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 22:58:37 GMT
Thanks, Kelven!

Yeah, I did get it to work via SSVM.

The weird part is that at one point this logic must have been running in
the management server because I was stepping through the code in the
debugger like I do for any code that runs in the management server.

On Friday, April 25, 2014, Kelven Yang <kelven.yang@citrix.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Sorry for replying late, I¹ve been on a vacation.
>
> Re-routing storage commands to SSVM has been there from very beginning.
>
> Having the logic running on management server is mainly for two reasons
>
> 1) to bootstrap system VMs
> 2) To rescue when SSVM is not online.
>
> VMware behave under CloudStack is of its own kind, so you will see a lot
> of differences. Hope you¹ve already got familiar with it :)
>
> Kelven
>
> On 4/15/14, 11:58 PM, "Mike Tutkowski" <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com<javascript:;>
> >
> wrote:
>
> >Hi Kelven,
> >
> >Just wanted to follow up on this.
> >
> >I was running my scenario with VMware again and I see in VMwareGuru that
> >CopyCommand is sent to the SSVM.
> >
> >Do you know if this was changed at some point? When I did a bunch of my
> >testing in the not-too-distant past, I was seeing my CopyCommands being
> >sent to the server resource for the hypervisor in question that lives
> >within the management server. I was able to trace through the logic in
> >copyTemplateToPrimaryStorage(CopyCommand) and watch my code execute.
> >
> >Now this command seems to be routed to the SSVM, though. I don't see any
> >recent changes to VMwareGuru, though. I thought you might have some
> >insight
> >into this.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Mike
> >
> >
> >On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Mike Tutkowski <
> >mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks, Kelven!
> >>
> >> Just so I can get a better understanding of this, is there any
> >>real-world
> >> scenario where a customer using VMware would run with storage delegation
> >> going to the server resource in the management server?
> >>
> >> Also, when you say "storage-related commands," do you just mean the
> >> commands in VmwareStorageProcessor?
> >>
> >> Thanks for clarifying this for me, Kelven. This is a bit different from
> >> how it works with XenServer and KVM and I just want to make sure I have
> >>it
> >> straight in my head. :)
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >--
> >*Mike Tutkowski*
> >*Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
> >e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com <javascript:;>
> >o: 303.746.7302
> >Advancing the way the world uses the
> >cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
> >*(tm)*
>
>

-- 
*Mike Tutkowski*
*Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302
Advancing the way the world uses the
cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>
*(tm)*

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message