cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Prakash Rao Banuka <prakas...@simplifydc.com>
Subject Move one a vm from one host to another host which is local storage
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 03:01:16 GMT
Hi :

This is Cloudstack Query, to move from one host to another host which is local storage (not
Shared storage)

My current setup is as follows:

Zone has

                Host1: xenserver

                Host2: xenserver

The VMS has local storage (root (C drive) and Data (D drive)).

Requirement:
I want to move one VM(zzz1) (root (C: drive) and data (D: drive)) from Host1 to Host2.

I was success in moving one a vm(zzz1) (root(C:Drive)) by creating template from snapshot
and deploying a vm on Host2

Query:

How to move data (d drive) of vm(ZZZ1) from host1 to host2 (which is local storage)

Thank you
Prakash