cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From France <mailingli...@isg.si>
Subject Re: ALARM - ACS reboots host servers!!!
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 08:06:20 GMT
I'm also interested in this issue.
Can any1 from developers confirm this is expected behavior?

On 2/4/14 2:32 PM, Andrei Mikhailovsky wrote:
> Coming back to this issue.
>
> This time to perform the maintenance of the nfs primary storage I've plated the storage
in question in the Maintenance mode. After about 20 minutes ACS showed the nfs storage is
in Maintenance. However, none of the virtual machines with volumes on that storage were stopped.
I've manually stopped the virtual machines and went to upgrade and restart the nfs server.

> A few minutes after the nfs server shutdown all of my host servers went into reboot killing
all vms!

> Thus, it seems that putting nfs server in Maintenance mode does not stop ACS agent from
restarting the host servers.

> Does anyone know a way to stop this behaviour?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrei

as mentioned in the previous mails.

>> -Koushik
>>
>> On 03-Mar-2014, at 6:07 AM, Marcus <shadowsor@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Also, please note that in the bug you referenced it doesn't have a
>>> problem with the reboot being triggered, but with the fact that reboot
>>> never completes due to hanging NFS mount (which is why the reboot
>>> occurs, inaccessible primary storage).

HA so