cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: Creating or customising OS type
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 22:43:20 GMT
On 24.04.2014 17:28, Marcus wrote:
> I like the idea of it. I don't like the magic strings in 'details',
> but it
> sounds like VMware supports it so this patch allows for it as well. It
> seems pretty useful to be able to specify the desired nic/storage
> driver
> when registering a template, rather than just saying 'all CentOS is
> virtio
> nic and virtio disk', especially with upcoming things like
> virtio-scsi,
> where newer operating systems will have multiple good options to
> choose
> from.
>
> If you need to build your own agent, you can use this patch:
>
> http://marcus.mlsorensen.com/cloudstack-extras/models.43.patch

I've patched ACS with this and generated a new set of RPMs, after the
update however I was not only unable to create the custom type, but all
templates failed.
See agent logs here:
http://fpaste.org/96815/13983790/raw/

This is how I added the template:
cloudmonkey register template
ostypeid=73188ae8-a44f-11e3-bae5-f6145f6a2f37 passwordenabled=true
isfeatured=true ispublic=true
url=http://10.193.172.130/templates/windows_migration_50G.qcow2
name=virto_e1000_50 hypervisor=kvm
zoneid=a6572c99-b268-4a6b-8bd0-bf2cafa4c04b format=qcow2
details[0].rootDiskController=virtio displaytext=virto_e1000_50

"ostypeid=73188ae8-a44f-11e3-bae5-f6145f6a2f37" means Windows 2008.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro