cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Damoder Reddy <Damoder.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL][Merge] Windowsfication of management server
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:05:00 GMT
There are no major existing code level changes in this feature except one File(com.cloud.server
.ConfigurationServerImpl). For this also we have written test cases to verify.

Remaining all are new files added which are specific to Windows.

Thanks & Regards
Damodar/

-----Original Message-----
From: Daan Hoogland [mailto:daan.hoogland@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 5:27 PM
To: Abhinandan Prateek
Cc: <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>; Donal Lafferty
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL][Merge] Windowsfication of management server

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Abhinandan Prateek <Abhinandan.Prateek@citrix.com>
wrote:
> This was proposed as per laid down norms

quality is the only norm, Abhi. Can we make this of high enough quality as to not introduce
bugs in other parts of the system or to hold back the next release as much as we did this
one? The alternative, as I so boldly stated in my earlier mail is introducing the notion of
experimental features. This is not perse about this feature or the parts of it we can get
in without degrading the rest of the system.

--
Daan