cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Coding Convention Errors
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 19:43:46 GMT
Hey Soheil,

Isn't is possible to stick to the CloudStack standards and use the SerializedName annotation?
http://google-gson.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.2.3/docs/javadocs/com/google/gson/annotations/SerializedName.html

Another option is to set a policy on gson that will automagically translate the java name
into the underscore standard upon serialization. So isBoolean would become is_boolean. Look
at the NiciraNvpApi, the gson policy is activated in the constructor.

Cheers,

Hugo

Sent from my iPhone

> On 18 mrt. 2014, at 20:34, Soheil Eizadi <seizadi@infoblox.com> wrote:
>
> Here is a proposed solution to evaluate, use the maven-checkstyle-plugin exclude feature
to make exception for modules that have code convention to conform to external structures.
Here is sample for my use case:

>        <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
>             <configuration>
>                  <excludes> **/infoblox/InfobloxNetworkView.java </excludes>
>             </configuration>
>
> -Soheil

with the serialized name or a gson policy.

> Cheers,
> Hugo
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 18 mrt. 2014, at 03:33, Soheil Eizadi <seizadi@infoblox.com> wrote:
>>
>> Looks like in the new trunk we have turned on checks to enforce coding conventions
in Eclipse? I have errors with some classes that I need to turn off:
>> "Name 'is_default' must match pattern '^_?[a-zA-Z0-9]*$'."
>>
>> For example a declaration:
>>
>>   private boolean is_default;
>>
>> These classes are part of the interface for REST communication so the strings must
match the corresponding JSON objects. What is the best practice to turn this off in the project
for a particular Class?