cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Florin Dumitrascu <florin.dumitra...@intunenetworks.com>
Subject RE: GRE isolation - no in service upgrade (4.1.1 to 4.3.0) - Is your zone an Advanced zone or Basic zone? (2)
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:34:01 GMT
Hi,

Alena, my assumption is that the Ovs provider is created when you create the physical network
with GRE isolation (if someone can confirm ...).
When I configured CS RC8 from scratch, I could see the provider and enable it in the GUI.
But when I have upgraded from CS 4.1.1 to 4.3.0 RC9, I have preserved the existing configuration
with the existing physical network.
So my assumption is that the physical network was not updated with the OVS provider (such
a provider was not needed in CS 4.1.1).

Jessica, I am building CentOS RPM packages from the RC source, using "package.sh" script in
the source packaging folder. Not aware about the difference between "oss" and "noredist".
Also, my setup is for an advanced zone.

Kind Regards,
Florin

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica Wang [mailto:Jessica.Wang@citrix.com]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 8:28 PM
To: Florin Dumitrascu; Murali Reddy
Cc: Nguyen Anh Tu (tuna@apache.org); dev@cloudstack.apache.org; Alena Prokharchyk
Subject: RE: GRE isolation - no in service upgrade (4.1.1 to 4.3.0) - Is your zone an Advanced
zone or Basic zone? (2)

Florin,
UI doesn't show OVS service provider because database doesn't have OVS service provider.
The reasons might be:
(1) You are using oss build (should be using noredist build).
(2) Your zone is a Basic zone (OVS service provider is only supported in Advanced zone)

Murali,
Is there other possibility?

Jessica